Walk-In Sports Physicals
Looking for Walk-In Sports Physicals in Portland? In this post, Dr. Corey Fish explains the importance of Sports Physicals for children.
The convenience of a walk-in clinic for a physical, especially a physical for sports participation is hard to beat. A sports physical exam is a specialized type of doctor checkup focusing specifically on making sure your child is healthy and able to participate safely in activities. It’s important to note that these types of exams are beneficial not just for organized sports like soccer or track & field, but for other types of activities as well such as scouting, riding bicycles, training for a long hike, etc.
We do not bill insurance for sports physicals at PCCUC
|History & exam||65||N/A|
|Heart specialist EKG review||27||Optional service*|
* May be advised depending on family or personal medical history
Pacific Crest Children’s Urgent Care is the place to get sports physicals on a walk-in or appointment basis for your child, adolescent, or young adult. Our athletic physical exams focus on:
- Chronic or significant health history
- Medications and allergies
- History of sports injuries
- History of sports participation and any associated problems with exercise
- Family history, especially of unusual heart conditions such as heart attacks in young people or heart rhythm problems
- Vital signs including blood pressure
- Head to toe physical exam
Other Special Tests
An EKG (electrocardiogram - or heart rhythm test) is sometimes part of a sports physical exam. In the United States, we recommend an EKG if there is a concerning history with either your child or your family regarding heart issues. Outside of the US, other countries such as Italy, recommend EKG screening for everyone. We never refuse an EKG if a parent asks for one.